Potential Impacts of Reduced Farm Spending on the Economies of Minnesota and Three Selected Counties, Staff Paper P16-6 (October 2016)
Economic Impact of a Second Generation Biofuels Facility, Tuck, B and W. Lazarus, University of Minnesota Center for Community Vitality (October 2013)
Economic Impacts of Establishing Short Rotation Woody Crops to Support Energy Production in Minnesota, Staff Paper P09-2 (pdf) (January 2009)
- See also a later version as William F. Lazarus, Douglas G. Tiffany, Ronald S. Zalesny,, Jr. and Don E.Riemenschneider, “Economic Impacts of Short Rotation Woody Crops for Energy or Oriented Strand Board: A Minnesota Case Study,” in the Journal of Forestry, Vol. 109, No. 3, pp. 149-156, May/June 2011.
Study of the Economic and Local Government Impacts of the Minnesota Swine Industry –w results are summarized in four publications:
- “Evaluating the Economic and Fiscal Impacts of an Evolving Swine Industry,” with Diego E. Platas and George Morse, in the CURA Reporter, Center for Urban and Regional Affairs, University of Minnesota, Volume XXXI, No. 1, February 2001.
- Lazarus, W.F., D.E. Platas, and S. Guess-Murphy. “Evaluating the Economic Impacts of an Evolving Swine Industry: The Importance of Region Size.” Review of Agricultural Economics 22(2002):458-473.
- Lazarus, W.F., D.E. Platas, and G.W. Morse “IMPLAN’s Weakest Link: Production Functions or Regional Purchase Coefficients?” Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy 32(2002):33-48.
- “Economic and Fiscal Impacts of Different Sizes of Swine Operations on Minnesota Counties,” PhD Thesis by Diego Platas, Department of Applied Economics, August 2000.